Yesterday morning,
as Steven and I were contemplating the start of our day
we both realized that it was February 9th.
I think that every couple has a few
very significant days that mark special milestones
in their relationships.
February 9th was not the day we met,
nor is it the day on the calendar that marks our first date.
February 9th is important because
Steven arrived at my apartment in Westminster that morning
at 11:00...
and we've been together ever since.
That was nineteen years ago.
I will be 40 in a month.
That means Steven and I have been together
for nearly half of my life.
I think that's incredibly significant.
This picture was taken at my parents' house in Evergreen
the weekend of my 21st birthday.
Steven and I had been together for nearly a month.
This picture was taken by Steven's mom.
The three of us were up at Echo Lake
and had just taken part in a wedding.
It was in late May of 1992.
Steven and I spent a good deal of time
yesterday morning
reminiscing about the last 19 years.
Wow...19!
That seems amazing
and wonderful
and hard to believe...
and yet it's flown by so incredibly fast.
Steven is my best friend,
he is my husband
and the father of my beautiful children.
I love him with all my heart and soul
and feel proud to be called his wife.
I'm looking forward to seeing
what the next 19 years have in store for us.


Howdy!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your doing alright, except for the colds. It's been nice here - sunny, warmish, minimum clouds - the works. Ha ha. :) Love you all and say hi to everyone for me! :)
Love,
&nya