Monday, February 28, 2011

Spelling Bee Recovery

It feels like we've been running a race...
a long and continuous race
that's lasted about five months.
On Saturday, at about 1:30 in the afternoon,
Maya broke through that finish line tape
with Steven, Scotty and I trailing closely behind.

Does this sound dramatic?
Yeah...okay, maybe it does.
But this is no joke.
It's been a marathon...
one I'm incredibly happy we signed on to run,
but to be honest,
I'm glad Maya's won the race
and we can sit down for a while.

So, what's gone on here at the homestead this past week?
Spelling!
Oh, and more spelling!
I can tell you without a doubt
that what hasn't taken place in the Wing home
is housework.

Here's the proof:


Yikes.
This is Scott's room.
Notice the blue bin.
It's his dirty clothes bin.
Also notice, if you will,
that it's completely empty.


Pillows, sleeping bags, clothes and toys...


...oh, and a destroyed bed, books all over the place...


...wait, come to think about it,
this is how Scott's room usually looks.

Then there's Mylee's room.


This kid has a ton of shoes.


Here's her book pile.
It's accumulated.
She can't sleep so she reads
and she's got quite a collection to choose from.
Her bookshelves as of late
have been looking rather empty...


Did I mention she has a lot of shoes???
These sandals she bought for the Spelling Bee,
then decided that she was uncomfortable 
with the height of the heels.
The boots down at the bottom left of this shot
were also purchased for the Spelling Bee.
No heels. These were a much better idea.

Oh, and then there's the black hole
that has become my desk.


I've been busy.

I won't even mention 
the three overflowing baskets of clean laundry 
that are threatening to take over our bedroom...
I'm afraid if I don't fold it and put it all away
I might lose Steven in there
and never find him again.
Hey...
at least it's CLEAN laundry, right?

Yeah...I'd best be going.
There is a recovery mission to embark upon...



No comments:

Post a Comment