Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cleaning up the boys

When I say 'boys',
I mean an eight year old child and his dog.
Both boys,
both in serious need of some cleaning up.

Joey's cute,
but he sure can smell bad.
We all decided that he smelled like a goat.
Okay, more specifically,
a certain part of a goat's anatomy
that isn't fit to write about here.
Let's just say he smelled bad.
Really, really, really bad.

So...
Scott and I bathed him.


Isn't he handsome?
So clean and shiny...with the sun drying out
his pretty yellow fur.
He smells pretty nice, too,
like a big, green apple.
SOOOO much better than he smelled
before the bath.


Is it just me
or does it look like Joe Dog
 has something he wants to say to me?
Perhaps "Thank you for my bath",
or "You're the best owner ever,"
or maybe even "I love you"?
Nah. Probably not.
He's probably wondering 
why I'm lying on the floor on my stomach
cooing and calling to him in my best doggy voice
while snapping countless pictures 
with my little red camera 
instead of getting him a bone or two.
That would be my guess.

Then there's Scotty.
I have to say that he didn't really smell bad.
Maybe like a little boy who, just yesterday
had a wild and rather long Nerf gun war
outside with his best friend and his sister.
He certainly didn't smell like a goat,
but still...
I asked him to take a shower all the same.
He didn't come out smelling like an apple,
but he smelled nice nonetheless.
Then it was time for a hair cut.

Scott doesn't really like hair cuts.
He's like his dad in that way.
He likes the final result
but it's a real struggle to get either one of them
to sit down and actually get it done.
He calls the clippers
"The Clippers of Doom".
It's not always the easiest chore to get accomplished.
You might be getting that idea.

I need to mention here
that I thought a buzz cut would be good.
Easy for swim,
nice and neat,
super fast to clean in the shower.
Scott said nope.
He wanted spikes.
Just like Matt in Encino Man.


We love Encino Man.

Here's what we came up with.


This was half way through the cut.
We decided we'd go a bit shorter.


Scott's hair is used to going forward
so it will take a bit to train it to stand up.
It also has a natural side part,
but we've got lots of time and lots of patience.
Maybe it will do what we want it to
by the time I have to chase him through the house,
plant his tail on a chair in the kitchen
and sit on him to get it cut again.


I think it looks cool,
but most importantly,
Scotty thinks it looks cool
and, really,
that's what matters the most.


My cleaned up boys.


I have another boy who needs some cleaning up, too.
He's working on his resume right now, however,
and has no time for a hair cut.
I think he did take a shower, though. 

No goats in this house.


No comments:

Post a Comment