We have bees here. They aren't little, bitty bees, either. These guys are roughly the size of quarters...and they sound like fighter jets. This beautiful tree we have in our lower backyard, (in the court yard area right outside our classroom) is in full bloom. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it's a cherry tree...and it is absolutely full of bees.
I wasn't aware of this, however, until I asked the kids to go outside with me so that I could get some pictures of them standing in front of these gorgeous blooms.
Just like the snails we have around here...these bees are huge. Here's a bee butt. I didn't intentionally take a picture of the bee's butt...they don't sit still long enough to get great shots of them, and it isn't like they look at the camera and smile. Huge, smiling bees...now that would be scary.
As you can see, this bee is as big as the blossoms.
Did I ask the kids to let me get off a few more shots...even with all the bees? Oh, you know I did.
This is my favorite one of them together.
My favorite one is the biggest one on the top left, but I love the ornery one on the bottom right as well. Little monkey.
They both decided to move away from the tree after a few minutes. It seemed a bit safer over here by the ivy.
The spot on the side of Mylee's head is actually light coming through the branches of the tree. I love this smile.
Scott isn't sure that he likes buzzing trees. After all, he is the only one out of the four of us who has been stung by a bee.
They look a little worried...okay...time to come inside!



No comments:
Post a Comment