Friday, June 15, 2012

A walk above Linden

Steven and I took a short walk this morning while Scott lounged in front of the television with a hearty slice of watermelon for his breakfast and Mylee slept in like a sloth on vacation.

It's been very rainy here, and it sprinkled a bit on us as we walked. The humidity was high and everything was so green and beautiful.

We decided to go up and walk the road that is above our house. We've not been up there yet, and thought it would be fun to see where the road led.

Flowers that look a bit like carnations in our front yard
 

Here is Linden from above...or at least part of it, anyway. Our house is the one on the lower left of the picture. That's Mylee's awesome curved window.

I'm not sure it gets much prettier than this....
Little waterfall

We have been to many beautiful places. It's amazing to me, how pretty so much of the world is. There is so much that I find endearing, gorgeous and breath taking about Colorado. North Carolina had much about it that awed me...and now we're here, and this is amazing, too.



We saw a lot of wildflowers and ferns...and this majestic looking tree.


 We saw some things we expected to see....


...and some things that we didn't.

Really? In Germany?
It was a very nice walk, and when we got back home, I decided to take a few shots of the rose bush in our front yard. I'd been curious for a couple of weeks now, ever since I first saw buds poke up through the leaves as to what color flowers would appear when the bush bloomed.




I really like our village. Linden has been an awesome place to live indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment