Thursday, June 28, 2012

just some random stuff

I have an assortment of pictures I wanted to post...just random stuff I took throughout the month of June. There's not really a story here, but I'll narrate just so no one gets confused. :)


Summertime moon.


The kids have been riding their bikes. Mylee had a bit of a fall on hers not long ago. I didn't see it, but she described it as being stuck in her bike. That paints quite a picture, doesn't it? Here are the injuries she came home with.


The Band-Aid on her finger had nothing to do with her bike. She and Scotty were practicing some punches up in her room...(they are both interested in learning how to box) and she skimmed the wall with her knuckles. I hear hitting walls hurts a bit.


I think sitting in the bathroom with your sister on the floor
and your mom taking pictures is totally natural...don't you?

This is a shot I got after I drug the kids into Hohenecken after going bowling on Vogelweh a week or so ago. I'm a bit obsessed with getting a good picture of this church, (which is Protestant, but I don't know the name of it,) and the Hohenecken castle, (also called the Four Corners castle). Blue sky and clouds...very pretty.


This is the church in Quiedersbach. I have about a hundred shots of this church...this one is just the latest. 


This is what Landstuhl looks like just as we're driving into it from our house. The road on the left goes up to the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center where all of us have spent way too much time in the last few months.


This is one of my favorite buildings in Landstuhl. It's actually a restaurant, but I love the ivy all over the side. The street narrows once you pass it and it looks a lot like this....

I might have mentioned once or twice how much I like Landstuhl

This is where we pay our car insurance every month. It's called American Auto Protector and the guy that runs this office is named Ollie. He's either from Ireland or Scotland and he's got an awesome dog named Cocoa. The parking lot here is very tiny and very difficult to maneuver in...which I find a bit ironic considering the building houses a car insurance company.


Here's the Landstuhl church. Wow...three churches in one post. That might be a record.


Today the kids and I went for a walk in Linden. I saw this rose on our little journey and thought it was beautiful.

"Gee, mom. I'm so glad you brought your camera."
It was about 85 degrees today and incredibly humid. We walked up Burgstrasse which is the road above our house. We didn't make it very far before Maya wanted to know when we could go back home again.

After I get a few more pictures of you, and not a minute sooner!


The three of us headed down this grassy path...Scott was pretty sure it was a shortcut, but once we got to the dead end right in someone's yard, we realized that it wasn't so much. That's when we turned around, Maya in the lead, and the kids took off. They just wanted to get home to their Gatorade, but I had another agenda, as I often do.


How can you hurry home when there are so many pretty things to photograph?



So, this post proves that sometimes when I talk, I don't actually have a point. I'm on vacation...I'll have more organized posts starting next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment