Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Misty May morning

The weather has been amazing here for the past several weeks. It's been in the mid to upper 70's with deep blue skies and lots of sun. It's humid here...something I wasn't expecting. It isn't North Carolina humid, but it's definitely humid. 

It rained pretty hard last night. The extra moisture in the air shrouded our village in a sea of fog this morning. These shots were taken at about 6:45 am. It's recycle day today, so I was out early. :)

Our front steps...taken from right outside our door.

This is our street...Hirtenstrasse. We are at the end, this is looking down
toward one of the main roads.
 

These flowers are so beautiful. They are absolutely everywhere right now. I believe that they are rhododendrons. That's a mouthful. Our's are a deep pink but I've seen white ones, purple ones...even red. 

Our back yard shrouded in fog

This was taken after Scotty woke up. Can you see the church steeple to the left of the tree? Just barely. He was surprised by how faint it looked. The sun was out, as you can see. It was warm and promised to be another beautiful day.

Church steeple
By nine o'clock, the fog had burned off but I thought it looked so cool that I had to get some pictures of it. Mornings like this are just another of the many reasons I find it so beautiful here....

No comments:

Post a Comment