March was a very wet and rainy month here for us in Cary....
Although I have to say,
I didn't mind it much. Does anyone know just how good it smells around here
during and after a rain? Oh my goodness!
While Steven was in Colorado with his family,
I took advantage of a break in the weather
and used it as a much needed diversion.
I grabbed the kids, a picnic lunch and my camera...

Wildlife, including crabs in the water and some very feisty ducks
helped me get lots and lots of really awesome shots of the kids.

The weather was still very damp,
and the temps weren't very high
but the kids didn't seem to mind after being cooped up for
four days.

Bond Park is a huge recreational area in our neighborhood.
There is a community center where Maya takes yoga each Wednesday
along with a Senior Center,
baseball fields, a running track, a playground
and the lake along with the boathouse.

The kids have big plans for GG and Larrabee when they come in May...
We can rent little peddle boats, (and just our luck...they seat four)
and tour the lake. They also have canoes, but Scott thinks the boats
are a better idea. That way he and Maya,
GG and Larrabee can all be together.

It really surprised me after looking at these pictures...
Maya looks so old! Where did my little girl go?

And Scott, as sweet as he is, does have an ornery streak...
and his pictures are beginning to show that. :)
Although I have to say,
I didn't mind it much. Does anyone know just how good it smells around here
during and after a rain? Oh my goodness!
While Steven was in Colorado with his family,
I took advantage of a break in the weather
and used it as a much needed diversion.
I grabbed the kids, a picnic lunch and my camera...

Wildlife, including crabs in the water and some very feisty ducks
helped me get lots and lots of really awesome shots of the kids.

The weather was still very damp,
and the temps weren't very high
but the kids didn't seem to mind after being cooped up for
four days.

Bond Park is a huge recreational area in our neighborhood.
There is a community center where Maya takes yoga each Wednesday
along with a Senior Center,
baseball fields, a running track, a playground
and the lake along with the boathouse.

The kids have big plans for GG and Larrabee when they come in May...
We can rent little peddle boats, (and just our luck...they seat four)
and tour the lake. They also have canoes, but Scott thinks the boats
are a better idea. That way he and Maya,
GG and Larrabee can all be together.

It really surprised me after looking at these pictures...
Maya looks so old! Where did my little girl go?

And Scott, as sweet as he is, does have an ornery streak...
and his pictures are beginning to show that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment