I'm playing catch up this week on my family blog. I've been focused so much on getting us caught up in school and finishing my novel that Wing'in It has taken a back seat on the bus. Be ready for a bunch of posts in the upcoming few days. This one goes all the way back to April 12th.
On this beautiful Saturday, the four of us drove up to Idaho Springs in our Jeep where we grabbed Uncle Boo. We all went and did some crawling around and wound up in Silver Dollar City.
There was still quite a bit of snow on the ground but it only slowed us down a little.
| Uncle Boo in his Jeep. |
It looks like we're having car trouble in this shot. Actually, Steven was letting the engine cool down a bit while he and the kids did some shooting.
| The real deal: This isn't a BB gun. This is Steven's hand gun. I'd never heard him shoot it before. It was surprisingly loud. |
| This one is a BB gun. Not nearly as loud. :) |
Time for some driving lessons! Mylee is fifteen now, and while she isn't all that jazzed about learning how to drive, Steven's ready to teach her.
| Lookin' good. |
Scott is very excited about learning how to drive. He's still young yet, but Steven and I have always believed that if the kids have an interest in something, we'll support it. It's better he learn the right way even at eleven.
| My handsome boys. |
After we played around for a bit up in the mountains, we went back to Pop's house and got spiffed up.
Then we went to Clear Creek High School, (not the one Steven and I graduated from but the newer one on Floyd Hill) and attended the spring musical. Our friends, the Goulds, were performing. Well, at least three out of the four of them were. Chris and Suzanna played in the pit orchestra and Anya had a part in the play.
The play was called "The Boyfriend" and it was choreographed by none other than Cindy Catanese who was the director for all the plays Steven and I took part in when we were in high school. (She also taught Steven Spanish and was my French teacher. I even went to Europe with her and seventeen other kids between my sophomore and junior years.) Cindy retired years ago and runs an amazing costume shop called Disguises. She was a big deal for both Steven and I throughout high school. She was even at our wedding! When Chris told us she was coming back to help out with this play, we knew we had to go and check it out. There was the added benefit of Anya being one of the stars of the production, and we were fortunate that Cindy was there the night we chose to go.
It was a great day. We also got to see two more of our classmates, Danielle and Holly, (who, coincidentally, went on that Europe trip with Cindy and I.) We haven't been back in Colorado for even six months yet, but we're already seeing people from our pasts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment