On April 25th, we went up to Idaho Springs to have a joint birthday party for Pete, (Uncle Boo) and Maya. It was early for both of them, but their big days are only about five days apart and we went up so Steven could practice with the Cowboy Band. When you live more than two hours away, it's best to make the most of your visits.
I made them a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Boo is so special that he actually got two cakes. His girlfriend, Naomi, baked him a chocolate chip cake, too.
I put a bunch of candles on the cake and when Boo and Mylee blew them out, Steven got a face full of smoke. Maya was entertained by this.
| Boo and Mylee...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! |
| Naomi and Uncle Kev |
I can't remember what Maya and Pop were talking about. Looks like an interesting conversation, though, doesn't it?
We haven't spent Maya's birthday in Colorado since she was nine. That's a long time. I'm glad we could spend it with Uncle Boo, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment