Monday, June 9, 2014

Blooming trees

We have many, many trees in our back yard. After we bought the house, the previous owner went out with me and told me what all of them were. I'd like to tell you that I remember what he said but, I'll be honest. He said a lot. I heard pear and cherry...and that he had to cut two peach trees down, which made him very sad because his peaches were the size of softballs and as sweet as they come. Now this is according to Frank. I since learned, after living in this house for the last four and a half months, that Frank tends to bend the truth. Sometimes there's no truth at all to be found in what he says. Anyway...I think the tree below is a pear tree, but don't hold me to that. All I know for certain is that it's beautiful.




There are more weeds than grass in our yard. There's also a lot of dirt. It's going to take years to get it looking the way we want it to...but I figure by the time Maya graduates from high school, we should have gotten a pretty good start on it. Maybe we can throw a party for her then and things will look a lot more put together. She's nearly a sophomore. We'd best get cracking.


I got a picture of our monkeys right in this same spot right after a blizzard. Here's the spring shot. In the next few weeks I'll be sure to capture summer. Autumn will come, too.


Until then, I'm just going to enjoy my trees...whichever fruit starts growing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment