Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas morning

This is my first post for the New Year! In typical fashion, I am running behind. I guess there's just no time when I am fully caught up on things, is there? Oh, well...I'd say maybe I'll be better in 2014, but I see a full, busy, happy year ahead of us...and, while I plan to blog just as much as I have in the past, I'm guessing I'll continue to be a step or two behind.

We didn't get a white Christmas this year, although I think the weather tried...at least up here in the mountains. It snowed in Idaho Springs last night...and the flakes are still fluttering down as I write this. Perhaps Steven will get a belated white Christmas. :)


Dad suffered with a stomach bug early Christmas morning, so it was only Maya, Scott, Kevin and I opening presents together. Earlier in the week, the kids went shopping with Pop. Scotty bought me a gift, (that fabulous set of frames you can kind of see sitting behind Buddy in the following picture,) and Maya bought a gift for her dad.



The doggies were also in attendance for present opening.

"I think you need to share that cookie with me, Maya..."
The kids had lots to unwrap. That's what happens when your kid. :)


They got a ton of fun things...like these glasses Pop gave Scotty. There's a camera there in the bridge of the nose. Watch out...he might film you...and you'd never even know it.


Undies! Woot woot!
 Maya got a lot of clothes...sweatpants, a shirt...and both kids got Colorado hoodies.

Minions rule!
Scott's favorite gift was from his Dad. It's a Daisy BB gun. He was there when I bought it and that's all I heard about for several days. He's not allowed to shoot it until Steven is here to teach and supervise. It's been a long wait for him. One of Maya's favorites was the Samsung Galaxy tablet we bought her. We were quick to load one of her favorite books on it and now she can actually see her crossword app. (It was small on her iPod.) Pretty cool that tablet.


 
It looked much like it does every Christmas morning...paper and gifts strewn about the floor...except there were only a few of us there. This is the first time ever that Steven wasn't able to celebrate the holiday with us. I made a casserole and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, there were presents under the tree, and Santa came to fill the stockings...but it was a sad day for me. This separation business sucks out loud.


Kevin was his normal wonderful self. He had lots of gifts to unwrap as well.




We saved a lot of our annual Christmas traditions for when Steven flies home. (That's today!!!!) On the second, I will cook a big meal and we'll watch Christmas Vacation...and we'll be a family. Dad is keeping up all the decorations so Steven will have a bit of Christmas, and there are still presents under the tree to open. It will be belated, but we'll still get our holiday together. Right now, Steven is somewhere high above the Atlantic Ocean...eating some questionable airplane food and watching lots and lots of movies. Perhaps he's taking a much needed nap after working so hard to get all of those crazy loose ends under control. All I know is that he's on his way home to us...and I can't wait to see him later tonight.

Uncle Kev and the kids
I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas. Our wishes to you for a very Happy New Year. I hope it's one of the best ones yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment