Remember a few post back...the one about Christmas morning when Scott opened his BB gun?
Well, he finally got a chance to go out and play around with it a bit.
By this time, Steven had flown into Colorado and he'd helped Scotty collect a few more guns to make up a rather rapidly growing collection.
We went up near Dumont and found a secluded spot. Steven put up a target and all of us took our turn.
The girls hung back a bit. Scott had been wanting to shoot with his Dad for so long. Once we got him somewhere where he could do that, we let him take the lead.
Steven had taken quite a bit of time going over gun safety. We all learned how to handle the guns correctly and we wore eye protection.
| Finally! |
It was a bit cold but not too bad. Scott took a brief pause to take a picture of Mylee and I.
| See his reflection in my glasses? |
While Maya got ready to shoot I took a few more shots.
| It was a very, very pretty day. |
Maya wasn't opposed to learning how to shoot, but she was in no way as excited as her brother. She found it to be pretty fun once she tried it, though.
Even though the pump on the rifle was a bit tough.
The only gun I shot on this first day was the Colt Defender. The two guns the kids had gotten for Christmas were deemed for the most part unsuitable. They were inexpensive ones that jammed and had very little power. I was told by Scott not to waste my time with those.
It was hard to tell just how accurate I was, but I did have a good time.
Since then, Steven and the kids have made a shooting range in Pop's garage. They head out there, safety glasses and a backpack full of BB's in tow and practice.
It was a fun day. Oh, and Scott's already added more to his collection. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment