I'm using this post as an excuse to put up some more of our Colorado pictures. I've taken a lot of photos in the last week...but they've been of things I've put up for sale on Craigslist and probably not pictures anyone would care to peruse.
Kevin, Pete and Steven
Steven left a week ago tomorrow and has gotten a lot done since he's been in Germany. He flew into Frankfurt and drove the hour or so towards Kaiserslautern. He is staying in another town near there, actually, called Otterberger Hoff. (Say that ten times fast.)
I love useful signs. This was at Evergreen Lake.
(Click to enlarge.)
We thought that the kids and I would be able to fly out sometime this past week, but we got tripped up with the Audi. The company we financed it through had us fax a bunch of paperwork, not once but twice, and Steven talked to them numerous times in the past ten days. Then we were informed yesterday that they had decided not to allow us to take the car overseas because, even though Steven is in Germany working on an Air Force contract, he is still a civilian and not military. Everything has been halted because of this. Luckily, Steven had a Plan B.
Pretty soon Scott will be bigger than Maya. We'll see how these wrestling matches turn out then, won't we?
The correct paperwork is now making its way to where it needs to be and, although it stalled us for a bit, I'm actually kind of glad that it did. It gave me a bit more time to get everything done here that needs to be done.
Our beautiful girl with that million dollar smile.
I have cleaned out 18 of our big plastic bins and taken all the stuff inside them plus about 10 - 15 boxes to the thrift store. They're starting to look at me funny at the donation center, so I think the next couple of loads will go to a different thrift store.
Celebrating birthdays for GG and Scotty.
We've turned in plates for both the truck and the Camaro, sold a ton of stuff on Craigslist, gathered up supplies for the cleanup I need at the house and picked up a few things to help make our flight go a little smoother like a couple of new books, a new movie, a word search puzzle book and lots and lots of gum.
GG helping Mylee paint at the pottery place. Okay...so Maya's not so into crafts. If you know her well, you know why this picture is a funny one. :)
We've had our leaves cleaned up again. It's ongoing, leaf clean up around here. We spent 2 1/2 hours and $27 at the laundromat and snuck in an evening at Chili's and the $1.50 movie to keep up morale.
Maya and Scott with Natalie
This weekend I will finish the attic, (it's nearly there!) and get the patching and painting done. I am fortunate to have such sweet neighbors who have come over to help me move things and to offer their washers and dryers for me to use for the last couple of loads we have to do before we leave.
Me and the kids at my parents' house in Evergreen.
The moving company is set to go, so as soon as the car is lined up, they'll be here to pack and load. If all goes well, that will be sometime this coming week.
Our actual departure date isn't set yet, but things are in motion. Perhaps another week and we'll have everything lined up and the kids and I will be Europe bound.
Me, Mimi and the kids.
Matt, Kyle, Maya, Scott, Jen, Kathy, Mimi, Linda (GG) & Rachel
Kyle, me and Rachel
Brian (see no evil), Scott (speak no evil) and Michael (hear no evil)
Mylee and Emily
We miss Steven, but it's not at all like the separations we've endured this past year. Everyday he gets more done to help us settle there once we arrive, and we've been so busy here that this past week has gone so quickly.
Maya, Anya, Steve & Scott
This weekend will be the big push for me where everything that needs to be done will be finished.
Scott, Poppa & Maya
Have I mentioned that I'm tired? I am a little bit. I'm great, though. Excited and eager to embark upon this adventure.
Scotty, Maya and Uncle Boo...oh, and me, too, cozy in Dad's truck on the way to DIA.
Things are moving along. We're all good and soon we will be boarding that plane to Frankfurt...


No comments:
Post a Comment