I have a few favorite places here in Cary.
One of my favorite spots is downtown...it's a very small area, really only one street.
When the town started out, it was very small and everything was right there on Academy Street, or downtown Cary.
That's where one of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen is. It's a classic Southern Baptist church...white with a tall steeple. It's gorgeous.
Academy Street is also where you'll find our library, the post office and the historic Cary Elementary School, (which has just been renovated and turned into a new arts center where Scott is going to take a cartooning class in October).
Basically, it's a really cool street...except for this:
There are a lot of statues, structures and artwork on Academy Street. I'll admit, I'm not a real modern art lover. I just don't get it. Give me a classic painting or a sculpture by Rodin any day, but modern art? Eh...not so much.
Horses are cool. I'm all for horses. They're majestic, beautiful, intelligent animals. Heck, I think most horses are smarter than some people I've run across, but this horse? No. This horse just freaks me out. This horse has no middle. Scott says it looks like something took a bite out of him. This horse scares me a little.
Every time we drive by, (and we do that a lot because, like I said, it's on the same street as the library and we're there at least three times a week,) I comment on it. "What's up with that horse?" I ask.
The kids just shake their heads. They don't know. They don't really care. Honestly, I think they're a little tired of this horse and think their mom is a little nuts. That's okay...I think that's normal.
What isn't normal is this freaky horse.

No comments:
Post a Comment