Thursday, September 29, 2011

Frog friend

On Tuesday, while Maya was walking through my office area, I saw her stop abruptly and exclaim, "Is that a bug?"

Before living in North Carolina, this question wouldn't have worried me. Bugs aren't so big in Colorado...and they certainly aren't as plentiful there as they are here. Someone asks about a bug here, it's usually something you need to pay attention to. They make 'em big here...and in large supply.

I looked at the window where Maya was pointing and found, not a bug, but this....


In my opinion, this was sooooo much better than a bug.


Look how cute this little guy is!


Scott tried really hard to talk me into letting him go and capture him, but we've been there done that with amphibious pets.


We have so much on our plates right now...and buying live crickets every week and cleaning out a frog habitat...I gotta say, this does not sound like something I want to take on.


I did really like watching him from this side of the glass, though. He hung out a long time. Once, he slipped, little by little until he fell off the window. Then about a minute later, he hopped right back on. 


Scott is like Dr. Doolittle. He loves animals...of all kinds. I don't doubt that this will be the last wild critter he wants to bring into the house...and I'm sure he'll break me down on a few of them. For now, however, we'll just live with Joey, the furry menace. He doesn't hop up onto windows and hang out like this frog, but still, he's pretty cute all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment