After Maya's eye appointment last year, it was decided that, if she still wanted them, she could get contacts when she turned twelve.
On Tuesday, we went in and had a yearly exam done and then Dr. Jeff fit Maya for her first pair.
I was extremely impressed with Maya. Once, when she was eight and we lived in Littleton, I had to bribe her to allow the eye doctor to put drops in her eyes. I promised her a Pocahontas video game for the computer...and it worked, but it took a lot of persuasion, coercion and tears, (mostly on Maya's part but I'll admit, I might have shed a couple of tears myself throughout the process) before it was a done deal.
There was absolutely no drama at the doctor's office on this day. Of course, Maya and drama, who used to be firmly attached, know very little of one another now. Maya is definitely not what one could call a Drama Queen. She's cool. She's calm. She's collected. She can also see now without a pair of glasses on her face. That's pretty cool.
Taking them out is a little more difficult, but she'll soon be a pro. We'll give them a bit of time and before she goes back for her two week check up, I have a feeling that contacts will hold no challenge for her.
And now she can wear the cool D.C. shades she bought in January. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment