Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mylee Bug

Maya and I took a bit of time yesterday, just the two of us, and ventured over to Pine Lake. We hadn't gotten any pictures of her to commemorate the fact that she is now twelve years old, and, since I now have a way cool Nikon to play with, I talked her into letting me take some shots of her.

Okay...205 shots to be precise. The camera was set on continuous, and I got a lot of really good ones.

The cool thing about taking pictures of the kids on my own is that things are relaxed. I hold the camera up while we talk. I know some secret tricks to make them giggle and they feel comfortable enough with me to be themselves...which is what I want to see when I look back at photographs. These shots were taken a couple of months after her actual birthday, but that hardly matters...and I'm very pleased with the way they turned out.

I have to wonder...has there ever been a more beautiful girl ever to walk the face of this earth? I honestly don't think there has.


There was no dressing up for these shots. Mylee wore what she'd put on that morning, and it made these shots even more real. She's got her skull Converse shoes on with the bright green laces, (that also have skulls on them.) 


She's wearing one of her favorite t-shirts...and her favorite facial expression. This right here is truly Maya. This picture makes me happy.


She also tried with all her might not to smile...


Although I've always loved her smile with those big, grown up teeth, she's never felt comfortable with it.


I think it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on.


And while we're talking about eyes....look at those baby blue's. 


This one I love because it shows off all of Mylee's freckles...and this is an honest smile. 


But, then again, so is this smirk.

All of the shots...yes, all 205 of them, were good. These were my favorites. 

She's my Mylee Bug...and I'm so very happy that she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment