And it's a really cool one, too. Take a look at this...

Yep...it's a camera. Oh, no, not a camera...a NIKON...and exactly the one I've been pining for over the last, well, okay, let's just say a long time.

Yowza!
It's a D90, a D-SLR with a movie function, and I'm almost positive that this camera is smarter than I am. I have a sneaking suspicion that it could probably even drive the car on it's own if given half a chance. I have no idea what I'm doing with it yet, but I've done some reading and taken a lot of practice shots. I dare say that Steven is just as excited about this purchase as I am. Here are some of the pictures we've taken with it so far.
Proof that laundry does get done in this house. Also proof that, while it gets washed, dried and folded, sometimes it takes a while to get it put away where it belongs.
The kids had a sleepover last night. Here's Trevor, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Okay...maybe just bright eyed.
The boys like to burrow into the sleeping bags, then walk, scoot, crawl and slither around on the floor and on the furniture like great, over-sized slugs.
Trevor's only had a couple of years of my incessant picture taking to deal with. He hasn't grown tired of it yet.
Remember me mentioning the sleeping bag/slug thing? Yeah, well, sometimes that game causes some messes.
One of the slugs hiding behind the couch. He's had about 8 1/2 years of the picture taking thing...
Scott had just thrown this blanket on Mylee's head. Pretty nice smile considering she wasn't even fully conscious yet.
These are our neighbor's hydrangeas. I love these flowers. I played around a bit with some of the auto function with this one. Like I said...I'm just beginning. I have a lot to learn.
I came back inside, much to Maya's chagrin. They were happy enough in this shot,
But even happier here because Trevor had just fallen off the arm of the chair. Rascals is what they are.
So, the auto mode is about all I've tackled so far and I did nothing to these pictures...no color adjusting or doctoring of any kind like I do to all of my other photos. I've got weeks of reading and studying to do before I know at all what this camera is capable of... but just think of all the fun Steven and I will have figuring it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment