On Saturday, the kids and I covered the table and prepared for an evening of dyeing eggs.
I have been listening a lot to the internet radio station called Pandora. At the time the above picture was taken, we were listening to Brick House by the Commodores and I was singing and dancing around. Maya was a bit embarrassed, (hence that pained smile on her face.) She said the worst part about it was that, even though she really dislikes the song, she knew it would be stuck in her head all night.
This is Maya's egg for Steven. Ugh. This was a hard Easter for us. We did everything we're used to doing...but Steven wasn't here to share it. We miss him terribly.
This will be our third spring in North Carolina and this is something I've noticed...the humidity comes back, not slowly, but it seems like one day it's not here and the next, bang! There it is. That's the way yesterday felt. Maya kept making comments to me like, "Maybe you should grow your hair long so you can braid it," and "Mom, you look like Medusa with curls in your hair instead of snakes." She took a picture so that my hair craziness could be documented.
I don't think it's too out of control....
Here are the kids' finished eggs. Scott's are on the bottom. He made a pale blue "Dad" egg, and both kids made "Gramma" eggs, too. Scott's is the second one in on the bottom; Maya's is down and to the right of the egg she made for Steven.
We did glitter eggs this year. Yikes. Talk about a mess. The kids and I are still finding shiny specks of the stuff on our faces, arms and hands. We might skip the glitter next year, but it was fun to do something a bit different with the eggs.
The kids woke up on Easter morning to full baskets and a very pretty, almost summer time like day.
Maya got another tee shirt to add to her growing collection.
Candy. Yup. Lots of that.
Scotty got a thousand piece puzzle. We started putting it together later in the day. This one is definitely going to be a challenge. He got Scooby Doo, too, and that's what he and Maya watched while I went and hid the eggs.
Ooooh...Cadbury eggs. Nothin' but sugar.
Maya's thumb ring.
This is a 2011 Camaro. It's not, however, the Camaro Scotty was hoping for, which would have been a Camaro that looked just like Bumblebee from Transformers. I think he was okay with it, though. He seemed to like it a lot anyway.
The kids hunting for eggs. A lot of people get dressed up all snazzy for Easter. Our kids...not so much. Maya's in her skull jammie pants and Scott's in his Crocs that are a size too small. Ah well...
This expression sums things up nicely, I think. Maya...she has fun, but it's obvious she does a lot of things because her parents ask her to. She's nearly 12 going on 30, this one. I love her to pieces.
We chilled out for a bit after all the eggs were found.
We got to talk to Steven who was actually working a ten hour shift today. He had a roast beef sandwich for his Easter dinner. What did we have? KFC! Not because I didn't want to cook, but when Steven suggested it as an idea for the kids, they both went nuts over it. So, that's what we ate...and it was pretty darn good.
After our late lunch, we headed over to Bond Park. Scott's foot is still not 100%, but it's so much better, and he's been cooped up a lot since he broke it. He was feeling a bit of cabin fever and it was nearly 90 degrees in Cary today. We brought the frisbee and a soccer ball and enjoyed the weather.
Unfortunately, Scott accidentally kicked the soccer ball toward the water. Maya ran after it but was a little too late. She reached for it, almost had it, then her foot slipped and down she went. Into the mud.
Scott's foot started aching a bit, so he decided to throw the soccer ball instead of kick it.
Maya...she's a good sport.
She did tell her brother about her wet foot, though...
and her muddy behind.
We headed home after a while and ate slices of French Silk pie.
I'm thinking we're going to have to go on a sugar free diet for a long while after today.
I took Scotty, who was still needing to get some energy out, outside for a while. Mom is a poor substitute for dad when it comes to a lot of things. Today, in particular, it was as a catching partner. I'm not so good with a mitt, but I am determined to get better. Collin, a friend from next door, spotted Scotty and I as he and his mom were returning home and he came out and tossed the ball with Scott until it got dark and the pesky winged things came out to eat us all up.
Right now, the kids are bathed and tucked into beds with nice clean sheets. Scotty took some Advil before he headed upstairs...his foot had a lot of exercise today and it was hurting him a bit by day's end. I, too, am headed to bed. Who knows what new excitement might be in store for us tomorrow? I'd best be rested for it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment