All last week
the four of us prepared for
our upcoming trip to Hanover, Maryland
and Washington, D.C.
Okay, actually Steven and I prepared.
Scott, quite helpfully,
brought home a bug from somewhere
and spent the beginning of the week
sneezing, sniffling and coughing.
Then,
because we were so successful
in teaching him how to share,
he gave the bug to Maya.
She was pretty darn miserable,
and stressed out because
she didn't feel well enough to focus
on her word list for the Spelling Bee
she participated in last weekend.
Blech.
I'm not sure which one of the kids
used their superior sharing skills with Steven,
but he wound up with the cold as well.
By Thursday,
I had run to the Walgreen's half a dozen times
and our kitchen counter resembled a pharmacy.
The bug kind of hopped off Scott,
leaving him with a cough and a stuffy nose
but feeling decent after a day or so.
It landed on Maya and hung out
for about three days.
By Friday,
she was still a bit hoarse
and definitely stuffy,
but she worked hard with me
on her word list
and earned herself the title of
Spelling Bee Champion
for Cary Homeschooler's
on Saturday.
She rocks.
The bug really liked Steven, however.
It took up residency
and still lives with him even as I write this.
We did go to another Hurricane's game
on Saturday night
and watched they stomp on
the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Our friends, the Shingleton's,
gave us another set of tickets.
The seats were AMAZING!
(The Shingleton's rock, too.)
We all had a lot of fun,
including Scott
who was into this game
much more than he was the first one.
On Sunday,
the two sickies,
Scott and I
took off for Maryland.
I'm washing my hands,
taking enormous doses of vitamin C
and hoping for the best.
Maybe this bug has gotten enough of the Wings
and will ignore my presence.
That would be a very, very good thing.
Even better?
If it packed it's bags
and left altogether.
This next week promises to be
as busy as the last...
just hopefully a little healthier. :)
Congrats to Maya! That is awesome! I still can't spell very well; if it weren't for spellcheck, I would be lost!
ReplyDeleteGet well soon! This time of year it's hard to stay well!! It's been cold and rainy here for a week and a half so no outside and fresh air for us!!
Have a great time in DC