I am so bummed.
So very, very bummed.
I have been waiting for HP and the Deathly Hallows
since we saw The Half-Blood Prince in the theater,
and now that I've seen it,
I feel completely unsatisfied with the result.
We came to Harry Potter late in it's huge popularity.
None of us was interested
until about a year ago when we decided
to give the first movie a try on Netflix.
We were hooked.
All of us.
(It's quite possible that Steven and I are even more so
than the kids. Strange, but true.)
I have been literally bouncing up and down
with anticipation for this new movie.
Steven took a much needed day off yesterday
and we all went to an afternoon showing,
all of us excited and waiting to be blown away by it
like we were the last time we were treated
to a new HP installment.
It was not to be.
It started off so promising...
and at the beginning,
and toward the end
it had us hopping out of our squeaky theater seats,
things popping out at us and a dramatic score.
Visually, I found it stunning all the way
from start to finish.
But,
and I don't mean to ruin it for anyone,
somewhere in the middle, it lost it's spark.
Here's a link to an article that I think
sums it up quite nicely.
I realize it's only half of the last book,
but it's a 2 hour and 26 minute long movie
and it sagged so desperately in the middle.
I'm thinking we could have lost easily and hour and a half,
added what will be in the second movie
and had a blow out success.
Oh, so disappointing.
We will be there in July for the second half.
I'm hoping it ends with a bang,
and the HP magic returns.
Okay...
enough of this silliness.
I think I will go back to the wonderment,
excitement and happiness
of reality now. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment