Eight years ago,
our son was born.
He was impatient...
wanted to get here much sooner
than the day of his actual arrival,
but we were able to talk him out of it
and he was born only 6 days earlier
than his due date.
He was easy on me in the end...
three pushes and voila!
We had our little Booter Boy.
He lay on my belly looking right at me,
the expression on his face calm
and his eyes seemed old and wise
for a newborn.
I fell instantly in love with him,
and I've grown to love him
more and more every single day.
The little turkey.
:)
He scored two movies from Maya for his birthday.
(He loves Monster House so she gave him his own copy,)
and Steven and I bought him a stereo with an iPod dock.
He's taking Trevor to Adventure Landing,
(a cool arcade with laser tag, mini golf and go karts)
on Wednesday night.
We're gonna eat pizza and watch all three kids
tear around the place for a couple of hours,
fueled by caffeine, sugar and pure excitement.
It's hard to believe that eight years have passed
since this child was born.
Although thinking about Scott's being eight
isn't hard on me.
He acts closer to ten a great deal of the time.
It's the actual passing of eight years
and all that's taken place in that time
that I find hard to wrap my head around.
Ah...big sisters.
What would we do without them?
After a dinner of lasagna and cheesy garlic bread,
(Scotty's choice,)
we had another round of candles.
(We do all the good stuff twice around this house.)
I don't know what Scotty wished for,
but my wish for him
is that he continues to be the wonderful,
sweet, creative, noisy, funny,
artistic, huggable, adorable, thoughtful
little monkey that he's always been.
Oh,
and that he starts picking up the clothes
that he leaves in the bathroom
and that Maya kicks in the hallway
each and every night after he takes his shower.
But I'll take what I can get.






Happy...Happy Birthday from our house to yours!!
ReplyDelete