It's been a crazy week this week...
and it's all the girls' fault.
The week started normally enough,
but I had a yearly physical on Tuesday morning
and had a tetanus booster.
I wound up with a pretty serious allergic reaction to it
that gave me a low grade fever,
flu like symptoms,
and a very swollen arm.
The injection site started out
as a quarter sized, red lump.
Then it grew to nearly the size of a golf ball
and became incredibly hot and painful.
On Friday, Steven took me back in
and now I'm taking some steroids
and was given some pain meds as well.
I thought we were done with the craziness,
but then Maya began dealing with some ear pain.
When it became serious on Saturday morning,
I took her in and found out that she has
an ear infection.
The cause?
Wet ears.
We'll need to take better care after swim.
She's on antibiotics
and might miss Monday's practice,
but I think we're on the mend now.
Girls can sure be problematic, huh?
We're hoping to be all healthy for next week.
Bev and Dan fly in tomorrow
and we have plans to take Bev
to the History Museum on Tuesday.
(Bev was Maya's piano teacher in Littleton,
but she was much more than that to us.)
We are very excited to see them
and vow to have all the bugs
worked out of our systems for their visit.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment