Monday, April 5, 2010

Eggs, Key Lime pie, waterbeds and pollen...

It must be Easter!
On Saturday, the kids and I went to see
"How to Train Your Dragon"
while Steven drove to a town called Sanford,
(about 45 minutes from Cary)
to pick up a waterbed we decided to buy for ourselves.
The movie was great!
(The bed turned out to be, too,
after Steven worked on for a while.) :)
When everyone was home,
we all dyed Easter eggs.
They all turned out quite nice if I do say.
The coolest thing about this picture is
that I didn't ask them to pose for it.
I was just lucky enough
to catch this spontaneous hug
while it was going on.
I'm so happy we have kids
who actually like one another.
Isn't life awesome????
The Easter Bunny was generous this year.
(Like he's ever been a miser!)
We actually bought Maya the music book,
(which is empty so that she can compose in it
for the piano)
and the harmonica for Scott
is from us, as well.
The rest...well, let's just say
that the bunny knows our kids pretty darn well.
He did an excellent job.
Trevor came over for an egg hunt
and hung out with us
for a good part of the afternoon.
It was a beautiful Easter Sunday
with lots of sunshine,
blue skies and warm temps.
The pollen is waaaaay out of control, though.
It's all over absolutely everything
including the cars, the mailbox, the deck...
even the dog. Yuck.
Steven spent most of the day 
rebuilding the pedestal of our new (used) waterbed
and getting it all set up.
I ran back and forth
from wherever Steven needed me
and the kitchen.
I made chicken burritos,
salsa
and Key Lime pie for our
"Measter" celebration.
(That's Easter with Mex food.) :)
Hope y'all had a very happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment