You go sledding, of course!!!!
On Thursday, we heard news about a big winter storm heading our way.
We decided to go and pick up a few groceries at Walmart
and found almost every other resident in Cary doing the exact same thing.
We were told we were in for a very wintry weekend.
The skies were blue when we woke up on Friday,
although it wasn't very warm. By Friday night, however, it was snowing.
There are buds on the two big trees on the east side of our house.
I stood on the porch and watched the snow swirl around these branches
and the new growth on the trees.
We woke up on Saturday morning to the sound of sleet hitting our windows.
There was only about four inches accumulation, but what had fallen was sticking.
Of course the kids bundled up immediately and Steven dug out the tubes and aired them up.
Hey! We found out why it's cool to have such a steep drive way!
It's awesome as a sledding hill. :)
Trevor came over and they sledded for a long while. Mylee ran into a bush...
but no harm done...(to neither foliage nor child.)
It was only 22 degrees and the humidity was 81%. The wind picked up every so often
spraying us with a fine mist of snow. It was COLD!
Scott didn't care. After a break, some hot chicken noodle soup and fresh, warm layer of clothes,
he and Trevor headed back out again.
Joey took advantage of the fact that his chain out back was frozen shut.
We thought he'd enjoy a romp in the snow...
but the romp turned into Steven chasing him all the way up and back down the street.
It's a good thing that dog is as cute as he is...
Here's a frozen Maya after her run in with the bush. Did I mention that it was really cold out?
Trevor, Maya & Scott
Otherwise known as the Treacherous Trio.
Just having fun on a very snowy, very cold Saturday.
The temp is only supposed to be 10 on Monday morning.
There is already talk of school and business closures for the first part of the week.
Heck...if we were in Colorado, it would be business as usual.
Ah, well...Good thing about homeschool...
we don't have to worry about snow days. :)
As pretty as it is, I'm happy that we only get one or two snow storms a year here.
I say, "Come on, spring!!!"







How fun! Southern cold is not like Northern cold huh?
ReplyDeleteI have been reading and keeping up with you guys but no time to post! What was I thinking taking a full time job? Only 3 1/2 more months! Just keeping swimming...just keep swimming!!
I can't believe you have been in NC for a year now! Where did the time go? You look like you love it! Great house, great neighborhood!!
Would love to head that way for a visit but don't see that in the near future!! Steve never gets more than a day off in a row! I guess I should be thankful that he is working in this bad economy but its still hard.
We have a lot of changes in the next few months too! I am excited but also anxious. I don't know what will be more stressful; building a house or adopting a new baby :)
Good to keep up!! Keep posting... I will try to upload some pictures soon! The boys are growing like weeds!