There have been many posts on my blog about Heidelberg. We love Heidelberg. Steven developed an attachment to this city when living there for three months...wow...it's been two years ago, now. Time flies. I loved it the first time I saw it and whenever one of us talks about going back, the other one is always eager to go. I think Maya likes Heidelberg. She is rarely unenthusiastic about a road trip. Maya likes travel and seeing new things and, although Heidelberg is not new, she seems to enjoy our visits there. Scott goes with the flow. As long as he has his iPod, he's pretty much okay with the road trips. He doesn't enjoy them as much as Maya does and he dislikes crowds. I think all of the places we've gone have kind of melded into one big experience for Scott right now. Is there entertainment? Is there food? Then he'll go.
We didn't go to Heidelberg to do anything specific. This is where we go when we want to get out, go walk around and sight see without having to plan anything. It's kind of our decompression place. Steven is familiar with it after having lived here, we know what parking garage we like, we know how to get around and it's always beautiful with lots of things to see. It's relaxation. We can walk, we can sit, we can shop, we can eat. It's just chill time.
Did I mention that it's beautiful? It's definitely beautiful. I love this bridge. Bet you couldn't tell. Maya's tummy was giving her some trouble on this day so she was glad we didn't have any grand plan in mind. She was good with just wandering around a bit. If she looks a bit unhappy, her stomach is to blame.
| Heidelberg castle |
| Scotty and the castle. |
I've decided to let the pictures kind of speak for themselves in this post. I've written so many times about Heidelberg that I risk repeating myself. This post is leisurely, pretty much like our trip on this day.
The first time we saw little stairs like this was last Christmas while we were in Frankfurt. Scott decided that since they were there, he might as well use them.
Another cool thing about a city the size of Heidelberg. We've been here a dozen times...and never walked through this passageway.
It's obvious other people have...and artistic sorts to be sure. This looks like the Kraken.
Going up, both Scott and Maya chose to use the little stairs.
This is the first time we've seen this archway as well. This is the Karlstor, or in English, Charles Gate.
It was built in honor of Prince Elector Karl Theodor between the years of 1775 - 1781.
I think it's pretty cool that we keep coming up with new things to see in a city we've visited so many times.
But of course there are always those favorite things...like the Alt Brücke. Get ready for it...here come some more shots...
I probably don't need to even mention this but I was the one in charge of the camera on this outing. :)
Good-bye, Heidelberg...until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment