Thursday, May 30, 2013

family photos

Tuesday was the first time all of Mimi's family has ever been all together since all the the great grandchildren have been born. Our family, like any other family, is constantly growing but the cool thing is that all of us that are here right now were together on Tuesday.

That being said...we are missing two people in this family photo. Matt and Kyle aren't here, but we were all together, and it was awesome.

A pretty nice looking group if I do say so myself.
We had a beautiful day for Mimi's services. It was sunny, very warm with no rain at all. It was exactly as she would have wanted it.

Nadine's family
Much of the family took part in the funeral. 


Mom and Larrabee with Maya and Scott
Kathy delivered a history of Mimi's life,

Donna and her family
and Rachel and I shared some memories about Mimi from our perspective as grandchildren.

Kathy's family
Natalie read aloud a letter that Mimi had written many years ago to her grandchildren,

All four of Mimi's daughters
and Jeff recited some of Mimi's favorite scriptures.

Mimi's grandchildren
All nine of the great grandchildren
Anna shared a very sweet story about how Mimi helped her through a rough patch in her life, and Steve played the piano while he and Isaac sang one of Mimi's favorite songs.

A quartet in purple
Steve also delivered a special prayer for the service,

Sudy and Phil
Jeff and Emily
 and Emily recited one of Mimi's favorite poems at the graveside service.

Natalie and Khloe
Marin and Nadine
Evan and Steve
Before the funeral, the four daughters said a private farewell to Mimi and placed roses inside her casket before sealing it. At the end of the graveside service, her grandchildren placed roses on top of the casket, followed by flowers placed there by her great grandchildren.

Isaac, Kathy and Maya
Scotty
We then gathered for a reception where we watched a slideshow of Mimi with all of her family and we visited with those who came to pay their last respects. It was a beautiful send off...one I believe she would have been happy with.

Mimi succeeded in bringing all of her family and so many of her friends together on Tuesday. It was awesome to see that room filled with people who cared about her, who will continue to care for her. She was a very special, very well loved woman.

I will miss her terribly...but I am grateful that I was there to say goodbye to her, that I was a part of her services and that I was able to see and spend some time with my family.

I will always love Mimi and know she will be in my thoughts often.


No comments:

Post a Comment