Tuesday, September 25, 2012

the Technik Museum in Speyer

Friday was a big day...we saw the Stephankloster, Burg Frankenstein, and we drove back to Speyer to check out the Technik Museum. (We are taking this vacationing business seriously!)

After a lunch of spaghetti at the museum, (very delicious!) we began to explore. This museum is enormous...and very, very cool.



This is a slide coming down from this plane.


This is where Steven took the camera...and he took lots and lots of great shots. I didn't include all of them in this post and I'm sure I'm missing some that he thinks should be here. I'm not smart enough with motorized things to know what's important...but I put in a bunch so hopefully I got some of the coolest stuff we saw.



This was my favorite BMW







Did I mention just how big this museum is?








We spent three hours here...and honestly, we could have taken even longer. There was so much to see.






These next shots were taken inside of the Lufthansa plane. It was tilted at an angle which was kind of cool...it also made me feel like I was a little drunk. This was a pretty cool thing to see, the innards of this plane. 



the Lufthansa slide


high five

Heading up to do it again
 

the Russian space shuttle
 







There were planes, motorcycles, cars, trucks, trains...and ships, too.



Rescue boat
 


We climbed through this...Maya on her own, then Steven and I together. Scott thought the hatch looked too tight...he's got a bit of claustrophobia, so he passed on this one. This was very interesting.


It's a bit tight in a submarine
 

They had a small museum for water craft.



The models in there were impressive.


We all had a lot of fun at the museum and were really tired by the time we called it quits. I'm so glad we went back to Speyer and that we had such a beautiful day. This museum rocked. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive