Back in March, the four of us took a trip to the Mosel Valley. None of the grapevines had grown up yet, the place was nearly deserted and it was calm and quiet.
We visited a town called Schweich and today we went back. What a difference six months makes. The vines were green and taking over the hillsides and the place was hopping...pedestrians, bicyclists and people having fun on the river in speedboats and jet skiis. There were barges on the water and an outdoor cafe. There is also an RV park there that must not have been open in the early spring. It's filled up now and everyone was out enjoying the beautiful, fall day.
| The ducks had fun riding the waves caused by the speed boats |
I have no idea what this pirate was doing, but he seemed friendly, so I took his picture.
I almost got inside of this phone booth to see if it would take me to the Ministry of Magic. Again with the Harry Potter...what is that? I don't know...
I'll tell you a couple of things about Europe...specifically Germany, that you may not already know. First of all, the soda's here are much more carbonated than in the states. It's odd, but true. Secondly, it's very hard to find a public bathroom, and many of the ones that are available are pay toilets. I think we have to pee more often when we're out and about simply because of these things...and we are always without coins for some reason. Our blog...fun pictures and educational tidbits all rolled into one. :)
We left Schwiech in search of a WC, (they call them that here as well as in the UK,) and stopped at this overlook which not only gave us a restroom, but a great view of the Mosel Valley.
Goodness gracious.
See the colors starting to turn? I can't wait to see what full fledged autumn looks like around here. Steven's on vacation for the next couple of weeks...I'm hoping for some more awesome fall shots like this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment