Sunday, July 22, 2012

Oberarnbach and Obernheim-Kirchenarnbach

That's a mouthful, isn't it? :)

These are villages near Linden that we think are just beautiful. We had plans to go on a little hike up at a place called Devil's Table yesterday, but the weather was wet and rainy, so we decided to postpone that until a bit later. Instead, Steven drove through these little villages so I could take more pictures.

Looking down onto Oberarnbach
As we were driving through these tiny, twisting, narrow roads and Steven was trying to turn around so that I could get my photos, I heard snickering from behind me. 


It was Mylee and when I turned to look at her, she was shaking her head. Oh, my goodness...her mom is a silly creature...always taking pictures of absolutely everything. 

No reason for this shot, I just like the way this house looked
 


Hey...it's another church. If you haven't noticed, I'm somewhat drawn to these old
structures. I think they're beautiful.
 
Steven and I liked the way this guy on the right
 is happily eating what he can reach
on the other side of the fence.
The grass is always greener and all that?
 

These sheep were getting wet, but I don't think they were too worried about it.



I don't know the names for any of these churches, but we saw three on our excursion. 



This one was my favorite, although I'm not quite sure why. Steven spent a good fifteen minutes trying to get us up to this church and we couldn't figure out how so I was happy to take this shot from a distance. 


There is still so much to explore just minutes from our own front door. We have endless opportunities for adventure...so many things to capture on film. 

Can you hear Maya snickering?


No comments:

Post a Comment