This week, while Steven's been gone, the kids and I have done a lot of running around; paying bills, having dinner with our friends, the Gilmores, (at least Michaelene and the kids...Richard was with Steven,) and dealing with a tummy bug. Steven wound up with some flu like symptoms Tuesday and Wednesday and the kids and I felt yucky on Thursday and Friday. Here are a few pictures from our week...random at best...some odds and ends.
Mylee actually took this photo a couple of weeks ago but didn't show it to me until this past weekend. She has lots and lots of windows in her humongous room, but because she's part vampire or owl or something nocturnal, she keeps the curtains shut pretty much 100% of the time. However, one morning as she was forcing herself out of bed, she happened to see this and thought to capture it with her iPod. Some sunlight had gotten in through the drapes...
...and formed a perfect heart of light onto the floor. How cool is that???
Scotty, our resident artist, actually drew this in February...again, I'm a slow apparently. Here is an awesome drawing of a toucan he made for me.
I'm thinking it needs to be framed and put in a place where everyone can see it.
Speaking of Scotty...
| Don't you love the jammy pants and the boots? We weren't feeling well...it was a quick outing to the front yard for some fresh air. |
...he and I are really glad that spring is trying it's best to get here.
I think that we all agree...our landlady, Elfie, is the coolest person in all the world. Look at what she made me for my birthday.
It's a cherry cheesecake and oh my gosh was it delicious!
Steven reminded me that he was the one who found Elfie. I give him all the credit. She's wonderful.
Steven's trip was successful and he's home safe and sound. He's at the office today, but we look forward to his three days off starting tomorrow.
For us, March came in like a lamb...perhaps it will break the rules of tradition and go out that way, too.

Happy belated birthday! I am catching up on my blogs...enjoyed this and the last post. Really beautiful sites you are experiencing!
ReplyDelete