Thursday, October 13, 2011

A collection of stuff from last weekend

Yesterday marked the 60th day that Steven's been gone. Ugh. It's been a long haul...but the good news is that we are on the downward side of things now, and we have 23 days and counting before he comes home. That's just a little more than three weeks! We can do this.

Something else special about yesterday was that it was Trevor's 11th birthday. We got to spend some time with Trevor last Friday when he came over after school. He had an early release day and we had lunch together and the kids hung out.


Super Mario Brothers. Very serious game.



As you can see, Trevor is always very serious. Not.


Mylee, trying not to smile. It's hard not to smile with the boys around. They're kinda goofy.



As if the Wii didn't provide enough video game excitement...the boys played games on Friv while eating dinner. Then all three of them abandoned me to go to Trevor's house for a sleep over. I'm not used to hanging here all by myself, but I got a text from Maya later that night. She said, "Just watching the dudes play x-box." It seems that no matter where they go, the video games follow.

On Saturday, I went and picked the kiddos up, fed them lunch and took Scott over to our new arts center so he could attend a two hour cartooning class. I've already posted all is artwork on our school blog, but because it's awesome, because it's so creative, because it's wonderfully hilarious...oh, yeah, and because it's my favorite, here's one of the pieces he brought home.


Makes me smile every time I see it.

While Scott was busy being artistic, Maya and I went and walked the Cary Towne Mall. She scored an Icee and we perused a few of her favorite stores like Journeys, Flashback and Hot Topic. We didn't buy anything, but we had a good time hanging out, just the girls.

We wrapped up our day by heading over to the $1.50 movies to see Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2....for the third time. I'll admit, it was me that wanted to see it again, but the kids didn't protest it and I was glad we went. HP is awesome. :)

When we came out of the theater, this is the sight that greeted us.


It was such a pretty sky.


The kids are just used to me whipping out the camera no matter where we are. I don't think they even think anything of it anymore. This could be good, this could be bad...I'm not sure. 


I spent a good portion of the day on Sunday cleaning up our yard. I raked, I mowed, I swept... It looks pretty nice out there, but that was nearly a week ago, so it's due for more maintenance. Notice I don't have pictures of that. It's hard to photograph yourself working in the yard. Oh, well. 

I'm good...but I'm not that good.




No comments:

Post a Comment