Sunday, March 13, 2011

March potpourri

Is it possible for March to come in
like a lion and a lamb???
We've had some great temps,
but a lot of wind...and some pretty severe rain, as well.

So...
this post is just as the title suggests;
a potpourri of our March so far.



Here are our little monkeys...just monkeyin' around
and being as cute as they can be.
I am always happy to get these spontaneous bouts 
of sibling affection on film.
I feel fortunate that hugging takes place a lot around here,
and I'm a quick draw with my camera.


Now some kids would think their mom's were crazy
for taking pictures of a ginormous strawberry.
Notice Scotty's expression.
He is in no way surprised or inconvenienced by my
photographic exuberance.
This is an every day occurrence in the life of the Wings.


And, my goodness....
this berry deserved a picture or two.
It's HUGE!

Steven has been incredibly busy this month so far.
Last Monday,
after taking yet another certification test,
he left for a three day training course
in Alexandria, Virginia.
During that time,
the kids and I took a day to visit
the NC Museum of Art,
and I celebrated a birthday.
It was a big 'un, too.
40.
Yikes.
My mom sent two packages for me...
and the kids knew at least one of them,
(in this case both of them)
held home made cookies.
They were pretty excited about ripping them open.


Poor things.
They were a little banged up,
but still quite tasty.
Chocolate chip
and peanut butter. Yum!

My mom, (GG) also sent gifts
to the pets.
(Even the hamsters.
They are spoiled little rodents!)
Joey got a chew toy.
Pretty cool, huh?
He thought it was, too...
until Scotty squeezed it and it quacked.
This freaked Joey out a little bit.
He's a big, strong, tough dog, Joey is.
NOT.


"Hmmm...is it safe? Will it bite?
Smells okay...."


"Watch out, duck! I'm gonna get you!"


"After all, I am a bird dog. I'm not afraid of you, duck!"

It didn't take Joey long.
Pretty soon he was running all over the place,
tossing the duck up in the air,
catching it in his teeth,
squeaking it for all it was worth,


and knocking Scott off of his ball.


I have no words for this picture...
except, what's on his tongue????

I had a pretty low key birthday.
Steven was in Virginia,
but I got lots of phone calls and texts from him.
The kids and I went to the Cary Town Mall
after bowling league that day
and they got Icee's while I treated myself
to a huge, iced chai.
I got lots of phone calls, cards and emails, too...
THANKS!
40.
I'm still wrapping my head around it.

Steven arrived home on Thursday night
after a long and stressful drive in severe rain.
We missed him.
It was only three days,
but things didn't feel right here without him.
The Wings are definitely a quartet
and we were very happy to have him back at home.

On Friday,
Steven and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary.
We went to Outback for a celebratory dinner.
(I LOVE the Outback!)
Steven's put up with me for 16, (19 really) whole years.
I'm hoping my luck continues to hold out. 

He takes another test tomorrow at three,
(good wishes always welcome,)
and then he's on vacation for two weeks.
YAY!
I see a beach day or two in our near future... :)

I will end my post with this:


Maya's severe case of bed head.


If the hair do doesn't amuse you,
the wonderful smile on her face ought to.











1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday gorgeous!!!

    Happy Anniversary to you both!

    I laughed because my mom sends my pets packages too!

    ReplyDelete