Tuesday, December 21, 2010

On the eighth day of Christmas...

...the radio brought to me,
Blue Christmas sung by Porky Pig!

No joke.

I'm almost 40 years old
and I cannot remember
ever hearing Porky Pig
singing this song.
Elvis?
Sure!
Porky Pig?
Not one time.

Looney Tunes Piano Library - Porky Pig's Christmas Songs (with CD & MIDI)

Quite honestly,
I could've lived without it.
But,
it did make me laugh.
I laughed so hard
I actually cried.
I had to stop reading
"Santa Fell to Earth"
with the kids.
At least for a few minutes.


Our afternoon was a quiet one.
Scott made the smallest airplane
I've ever seen
before we sat down 
to a game of Quiddler.


This is a spelling game
and it's lots of fun.
Especially 
when you kick your mom's tail
by 16 points.


This is what Maya's eaten 
in the last 24 hours.
Ginger ale.
She's on a liquid diet.
She's feeling a bit better,
but she's not taking
any chances.


Here are our yearly
Christmas tree pictures.
Scotty.
He's a goof ball.


Maya thinks so, too.


Oh, little brothers.


This is what we came up with.
It's a great shot,
but the other three
are much more true to life.
Our kids.
Playful,
wonderful,
happy,
smiling...
Just the way we like 'em.


Maya ditched her brother
for a shot by herself.
I'm hoping she's healed up
by Christmas.
She's got a few more days.

Oh...
in case you feel the desire,
here's a link to 
Porky Pig's version
of 
Blue Christmas.
Watch,
or listen
at your own risk. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive