Thursday, October 7, 2010

The kids make personal history!

Both Maya and Scott 
have been swimming on 
the New Wave Swim Team
since September 8th.
Scott started in B/C,
(which means Beginning Competitive),
but was quickly moved up to Maya's group,
which is Level I.
They practice four times a week, an hour each day
from Monday through Thursday.
They work really hard,
they've got great coaches,
and the coolest thing?
They both love it.
Yay!

Their coaches, Michelle and Colleen,
really challenged them yesterday
and by the end of their rigorous practice,
announced that they had swum a mile.
A MILE.

I would have drowned about four laps into it.
(Okay...I'll be honest. Two laps and I would have been done.)
This will put it into perspective:
66 laps = 1 mile.

I'm impressed, but not really surprised.
These are two very impressive kids
that Steven and I have,
and we've known that all along. :)

They are both a bit sore today, but very happy.
Tonight is the final practice for the week.
Now that they know they both swim a mile,
there will be no stopping them.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Maya and Scotty!! I started swimming with a friend last summer and could only swim laps with a lap board!! How sad is that!!

    ReplyDelete