Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer!

Well, we've been on summer break for a total of
44 days and I'm already antsy about starting up
the next school year!
I've been browsing ebay for new curriculum material
and have our schedule worked out...
The schedule thing is actually more difficult than it may sound.
I had to work swim team and piano lessons into it...
all wonderful stuff! And now the schedule is done.
I love school...I'd start it up again today,
but alas...it's summer time. :)

The last month has been so busy with visitors.
We've had so much fun with everyone
and now it seems wild not to have definite plans
for the next round. We're hoping Steven's dad, Pete and Kev
make their way here this summer and my mom will
be coming back probably at the end of August.
The kids have lots of things planned....art classes at
Jordan Art Center, piano camp for Maya, (keep your fingers crossed
for her...she's on the wait list) and if that doesn't work out,
we've been talking about a four day sailing camp for her
here at Crabtree Lake. We all want to learn...
she and I might take the first plunge.
Scott's got a Flight Academy camp in late summer and
then there's piano lessons and all the playing with neighborhood
kids they have to fit in.:)

I love the fireflies! And the little skinks.
(Heck...I just love the word skink let alone those cute little lizards.)
I know it's going to get hotter here...
(it's already in the 90's...)
but I love it so far. I enjoy the humidity
and no matter where we've ventured since being here,
it's all been so beautiful. We went and drove through
Chapel Hill yesterday.
The University of North Carolina has a HUGE
campus there...very much a college town.
Trying to come up with something fun for Steven
for Father's Day. Got any ideas for me?

1 comment:

  1. We finished up school in May and are taking the month of June off! We will start back up on July 4th. I have learned that May the weather is great, June is summer camp month and July,Aug and Sept are just too hot for anything so we do school those months and take the cooler months off! We will have a two week break in Oct!!

    I am about to sign the boys up for swim club here ! They are just now getting interested in swimming and I can't wait!!

    Hope you guys have a great summer and try not to melt!

    ReplyDelete