Thursday, May 7, 2015

We have problems

So there have been a couple health issues that we've had
around the house lately and I decided to blog about it, just because 
I can.

So the first one happened to me (Scott) and it was one of the worst health 
ailments that I've had.
About a month ago from when this is posted, I woke in the middle of the night and 
felt like I had a bladder infection, so I was in the bathroom for a bit, hoping
to get more comfortable so that I could get some sleep 
and not have to go to the ER.
So I chilled on the can for a good two hours before
going to concern the Mamaduck about my issue, and she thought that I had a bladder
infection too, so we went to an urgent care that is
close to our house and, fortunately, because it was very early in the morning 
they could see me straight away.
 I give a urine test and the docs didn't see a trace of blood in it,
so they weren't quite sure what may be going on.
 We drove back to the house, where I stayed upstairs for a little while
before going back down to my humble abode, that was the can.
At that point I decided to bring my tablet in to the bathroom, because I was fairly sure that 
I was going to be in there for a while.
So the day passed and we took me back to the urgent care later that night
and this time they did find a trace amount of blood in my urine, so
they gave me a course of antibiotics to take for a couple days.
I took the antibiotics for a couple of days and they didn't help me at all,
so we came to the decision that we were going to take me to a hospital
that night.
And keep in mind that I have been on the the toilet for the past week through
all of this.
So we go to the hospital and it was an absolute 
madhouse, there were metal detectors, security, and it was so full of people.
We get me checked in and wait for about three hours before we go talk
with somebody about how much longer it will be before I can get seen and we
find out that there are two people in front of me that haven't been seen yet 
and ounce they are seen, it will be another hour or two before I can go
back.
So we leave, thinking that it will be better for me to be comfortable on the 
toilet than uncomfortable in a waiting room for 7 hours, and I'm glad that we did leave.
So now I had upgraded to the Bog Entertainment and Sleeping System 2000,
which was a computer sitting on two bins and a bar height chair 
with a pillow sitting on it.
And I would say that that setup was used for about a week.
Now I had gotten very good at very strange sleeping positions on the toilet, 
one of them was to lean forward onto the chair with a pillow on it
and catnap through the night.
So at some point in this month of sitting on the toilet, we were able to 
get an appointment with a specialist set up through another doctor, but we couldn't see
her for a few weeks, but that was never going to work, so we were able to 
cut the time down to a single week to go see the urologist.
We didn't wait the full week though, we actually went to another hospital to try and help,
and I was amazed to finally get some freaking help with the madness that day.
They prescribed a supplement to help with the discomfort and I've been out of the bathroom
since.
Later that week we got to the specialist and she said that she has seen
this many times in boys my age and that it will stop overtime. 
So she prescribed another medication for me to take for a week or two.
And now that I'm OK it's all peaches and kittens wrapped in rainbows for me!

So the other problem that we've had in the fam is on of the Mamaducks teeth has been giving her 
issues for a while now.
So a while ago in Germany she was flossing and she popped a filling out of one of her 
teeth and, of course, she went to an orthodontist and she got the tooth refilled, but
recently it's had some issues.
So on one of our million dentist visits, our dentist told her that the tooth was going to
split in half if they didn't do something about it so a little while later they filed most 
of the tooth down and put a large crown on it.
They said that she would be sore for roughly three days, but the pain continued for a week 
before she went back to the orthodontists.
And as it turns out, one of the hygienists left a tube, or something that they used to put 
the crown on in her gum.
So it really is no wonder that she's in so much pain.

I know this was kind of a boring one without any pics or things like that, but I just wanted to do it 
to do it.
And seeing as there aren't any pics in the post I'll console you with a cat.

  I think it's a cat, at least. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing the blog Scotty!!!! I thought your mom wrote it so you are already doing a great job. I look forward to seeing some more of your sense of humor come out in your writing!!

    ReplyDelete