Well, let's see...it's Labor Day weekend...which is why I'm just now posting about the 4th of July! Sounds about right to me. :)
Well...on July 3rd, Maya and I embarked upon our Weight Watcher's journey. That made the 4th a little difficult...but we did okay. Steven had the holiday off, so we all climbed into the Jeep and headed toward Idaho Springs. After stopping in and saying hello to Dad, we decided to go and explore a bit.
We stopped off in Georgetown and had a little ice cream. Yes...Maya and I indulged. I really count July 5th as our official start date for our new eating habits. I'm pretty sure the two of us stayed within our points on the holiday, but I can't be entirely sure. Best not to count that day at all. :)
From there we went up to Saxon Mountain. Maya camped up on Saxon mountain when she was three. It was her first ever camping trip and we went with some friends of ours, Mary and Larry Landis over the Memorial Day weekend. We had the little gray Toyota truck back then.
On that trip we went all the way up. This time we got stuck and couldn't get all that far. There was a landslide that barred the path.
Since we had to stop and get out, I figured we should take some pictures.
Steven and the kids climbed up to see if the way was at all passable. It didn't look like it was that big of a deal...except for the drop off there on the left.
Steven thought he'd give it a try just to see if he could climb up and over it.
| Hmmmm...maybe not. |
We decided to head back down. We grabbed a quick bite back at the house before heading downtown to see the fireworks over the waterwheel.
It was the first 4th of July we'd spent in Colorado since 2009. It was pretty cool being back up in Idaho Springs to wish America a happy, happy birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment