So, I've been writing all my posts out of order for the months of April and May. It's been a busy time, folks. For one thing, we are wrapping up our third quarter for school and beginning the final one for this year. We lost about two months of school time during our move so we're making it up now. This means that we will be in school until the 18th of July. This is much later than we usually go, but considering the fact we didn't do school at all in December or January, this is the way it shakes out.
Besides for trying to settle into a new/old house, (and dealing with things like replacing water heaters and flooding basement bathrooms) and navigating a whole new city, I have been busily writing. I finished my second manuscript at the very beginning of May. Yay! Whoo hoo! It is now in the capable hands of three beta-readers, (including my mom) who are making sure there are no typo's. I don't know how long my readers will work on the file, or how long the final edits will take, but I'm hoping to have the manuscript into my publisher by the first of June. Fingers crossed! I'll let you know what happens here when I know.
Now that I've explained why things are a bit mixed up, I'm going to write about celebrating Larrabee's 69th birthday up in Evergreen. His birthday is on April 1st, but he and mom were in Arizona on his special day. When they came back, the kids and I packed up some good things to eat and headed up to celebrate with him. This was on April 9th, and it was a gorgeous spring day.
| My Jeep. |
I made chicken salad on croissants and a tossed salad. The kids ate chicken nuggets and we all ate waffle fries. I bought a German chocolate cake that was really good, too.
We brought some candles that were supposed to have some sort of special flame. We couldn't get them lit...and then when we did, the flame was really cool. They were all different colors, but then we couldn't blow them out.
We decided to switch them out and use normal candles. We wanted to sing and get to the cake eating part!
We had a great time with GG and Larrabee. We hadn't celebrated Larrabee's birthday with him in many, many years. I'm already thinking about what I should make for his 70th. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment