So, the news is...we have no news. Steven's job ends here on December 31st and so far, we don't have another job lined up.
But we will. There is a lot of stress going on around here right now...but I absolutely believe Steven will be getting some offers very soon. I'm worried, but not worried. Things will work out. They always do.
In my attempt to get us ready for a move...which will most likely happen regardless of where Steven gets his job, I have been working to clean up and organize the house. I have chosen to start from the top floor and work my way down. That means we start with Scott's room.
Lord help us.
Here's a video I took at the beginning of our adventure.
If you can't watch this video from here, give this link a shot. Me and YouTube...not great friends.
Eventually I'll figure it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2soiH7WgsC4
Now that you've seen that, I'll explain to you how Steven and I feel about the kids' rooms. It took us a while to figure this out...a compromise between us and them when it came to their own spaces. What we've agreed upon is that they can keep their rooms however they feel comfortable, as long as they don't trash the rest of the house. We remind Scott to pick up the living room, and the classroom is an ongoing battle. This is not solely Scott's fault because he comes by his messiness and tendency for clutter naturally. (And Steven had nothing to do with it. That's all me, folks.) As long as both Maya and Scott keep their messes to a minimum in the rest of the house, we leave them alone when it comes to their rooms.
Except when a move in coming up in our near future.
Scott's room is huge. Not good sized or big, but HUGE. The house we live in was designed to accommodate three different living spaces. The lower floor is an apartment on its own as is the main floor. Upstairs is a little harder to figure out, but Kurt and Elfie have told us that Scott's room was designed to be more like a living room/dining room kind of space.
Maya's bedroom was meant for exactly that...a bedroom. There is a little room next to the bathroom. This has plumbing in it and I assume it was meant for a kitchen/laundry room perhaps. It would be an odd living space, but I suppose it would be doable if need be.
It's hard to see all of the little pieces parts that inhabit the floor here. We're talking a multitude of Lego's, Bionicles, Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys.
There are Matchbox cars, a countless number of batteries, bits of styrofoam, magnets and screws. Scott loves to take things apart. (That he got from his dad.) He takes things apart...and often times does not put them back together again. I had to take a time out when I stepped on a screw in my stocking feet. My language got real colorful as tears came to my eyes and I had to go sit down on the step for a few minutes.
Then there was this...
I'm pretty sure whoever put the curtain rods up in this room was drunk at the time. They're a bit crazy, but I left them that way because I didn't want to put holes in the walls. These walls are concrete...not easy to hang stuff on and I didn't want to do anything to hurt them. I've tried many different ways to hang Scott's drapes but they don't quite do what he wants them too. He decided to tape one panel to another and this unsuspecting fly got caught up. Oh, well. One less nuisance buzzing around to drive us crazy I guess.
Then there was this...
That's a bee. Yikes. They make those big here in this part of Germany. At least he's dead, too.
Since taking these pictures, Scott, Maya and I have nearly finished our clean up. With three of us working, it went pretty smoothly. After that whole mom stepping on a screw incident.
After pictures coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment