Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pea soup

I'm up early these days. Steven leaves the house at about six in the morning to get himself on base by a quarter to seven and I like to get up with him to send him off. It's still dark here at that time of the morning, and quiet. It allows me a couple of hours at my computer as I try to finish up the editing of my manuscript, free of any interruptions or noise. 

Yesterday, once the sun had come up and the kids and I were readying ourselves for a day of school, I noticed how foggy it was. That is not really unusual here...that happens quite a bit, but it seemed just a little more foggy than normal so I threw on some shoes, (I do believe I wore Maya's Vans...which, incidentally, are too big for me. She's 13 and wears a size larger shoe than I do. She's going to tower over me eventually, just wait and see...) and took the camera outside. It was chilly, but not terribly so as I clicked off some shots.



There's a big hillside you can't see. Oftentimes there are horses in an upper field and some very large houses...but the fog has eaten them up.

 

I thought it would burn off as the day warmed up like it usually does...and eventually, it did, but as we were driving to the pool on Ramstein a bit later in the morning, I was surprised to find most of our valley enshrouded in the fog. 





Maya is my photographer on the go. Scott digs the camera out of my backpack and hands it up and she takes pictures for me as I drive. She's pretty good, don't you think?





This is Quiedersbach. Can you see it? No? Neither could we.

It cleared up a bit as we drove into Bann, then the fog descended once more as we headed into Landstuhl. Mylee had, by this time, grown tired of taking pictures of fog and had put the camera away. I can only ask so much. :)

The day actually turned out to be a sunny one when it was all said and done, with a pretty blue sky that made an appearance...at least for a while.

I do believe it's getting to be winter time. I know of at least one kid who's looking forward to some snow...


No comments:

Post a Comment