Friday, October 12, 2012

Autumn and the Parisian Bug

It's been a while since I've blogged. I haven't been much good to anyone over the last thirteen days. Seems I got a bug either on our way to Paris, in Paris, or on our way home. It was a tough little bug and it's made life...well, interesting, for nearly two weeks now. I honestly tried to find a picture of a sassy little Parisian bug with a jaunty little beret to add to my post today. I couldn't find one so I guess we'll have to be imaginative. 

On Sunday, September 30th, (three days after our trip,) I came down with a sore throat. I still went and shopped for groceries...even took the kids over to Elfie and Kurt's for raspberry cheesecake and didn't think much of it... until two am the next morning when I had to crawl out of bed and lay on the couch because my throat had become so raw I couldn't sleep.

For more than a week, Steven played nursemaid. Not the best way to end a vacation...I feel really badly about that...but I'm also so grateful he was here at home and that he was so awesome. As the days went by, instead of getting better, I got worse and worse. It's hard to get appointments at the clinic here...so many people need to get in, so when my attempts failed for three days in a row, Steven got us all into the car and we headed to the ER. 

That little Parisian bug was a doozy. It wound up being bronchitis and by the time we were sent on our way, I had a whole bag full of prescriptions to help me defeat it and send it back from whence it came. That darn bug likes it here, apparently. It got cozy with Scotty, too, and is reluctant to leave. Scott has also seen the doc, who said his hasn't developed into bronchitis...just a nasty cold. He's on meds now, too, so I'm hoping soon we'll be done with it. So far Steven and Maya have been able to stay healthy. I hope that continues. 

Here's what our living room looks like lately...

Scott's been hanging out over on the left. My spot's on the right. Steven built me a little sleep ramp with pillows so I can lay semi-reclined. I can breathe a bit better this way. 
Just a few things I've kept with me to get me through the last couple of weeks. 
Scott has his computer hooked up to the television. We've been watching episodes of Top Gear and Wipe Out through YouTube while we've been recovering.
The day before I got sick, the kids and I stopped in Krickenbach to get a picture of them with my tree. I've decided I'm going to get seasonal shots of them, although the leaves here were only beginning to change.


In the next day or two, we'll need to drive back over and get some more shots. The leaves have been changing a lot this past week.

On our way back from the hospital yesterday, I handed Mylee my camera and she got a few pictures of some of the changing foliage as we drove home.




That's Steven in the BMW in front of us. He met us at Macaroni Grill after the hospital to have some dinner. We Wings...we travel in a pack.





Maya was afraid she wasn't getting any good pictures, but I thought she did awesome. I took a few more this morning. It was chilly out and I was in my stocking feet so I didn't venture far.


These two pictures I took from our upper balcony in front of our house.
 

This shot and the one above are of our back yard. See all the apples on the tree to the left? I think I will go and harvest some of them and perhaps make a couple of pies. When I'm better.
I think I may see how Steven feels about a road trip this weekend...a fall color road trip. I'm feeling a bit house bound...although this is a house I don't mind hanging out in.

Hope everyone else is healthy and happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment