Monday, August 13, 2012

Scotty's tugboat...sorta


Several years ago, Pop bought Scotty a really cool tugboat. It's remote control and shoots water. We had a great time in Cary harassing some unsuspecting geese and Scott wanted to get it out again, so we all headed to a beautiful lake that runs along highway 270. We pass it many times a week and I've always wanted to stop and get some pictures of it.



We've seen people fishing here and I comment on it almost every time we drive by. It's very serene...like a mirror.


Up by those trees is where the road is. It's a beautiful thing to see as we're driving past.





We decided that it was not, however, a great place for the tugboat. There are lots of reeds and no place for Scott to get down and get the boat into the water...or back out again.


The trains that travel along these tracks are super fast. We crossed quickly.


This is more of the lake on the other side of the tracks.


I was happy to get some pictures, even if it didn't suit our purposes. 

As we were driving away from the lake, I got an idea. Yeah...occasionally that happens...and sometimes, when I'm lucky, the ideas are even good ones.

We headed back to Horbach and the little pond there.



We saw lots of lily pads, but no frogs. We did see a bunch of fish, though.

Mylee...just along for the ride
 

This was still a bit difficult, and Steven's right foot slipped and went right into the water...but he did get the boat in.


Once it took on water and balanced itself, we thought we were good to go.

The park we like to visit it straight ahead on the other side of the bridge
 

Of course, I found lots of things to take pictures of...like this really cool tree hanging out over the water. I had a different version of this photograph pictured in my head. The spot proved to be a bit precarious in reality.



Oh, well.



There's the Horbach church. This one is getting enlarged.


So...back to the tugboat. It wasn't working so well, so Steven pulled it back out of the water and the boys had a bit of a pow wow about it to see what they could do to fix it.


The antennae had been broken during our move which meant that it only responded to the controls when Scott was very close to it. They decided to give it another try, so back in the water it went. This is how it turned out:


Good dads go in after their son's boats when they get stuck in the water. And this is what those dads look like once the boat gets fished out.


Okay...so Scott will have to figure out the whole antennae thing so we can try it out another day. (By the way, as I type this, I do believe he's already got it fixed...or hopefully does.)

Over the bridge and back to the car...


They're just so darn cute
hmmm...wonder which way Steven went?
  

Enough with the boat for right now...who's hungry for some burritos?

No comments:

Post a Comment