Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Four Wings in Colorado

I have lots of pictures, but I can't post them just yet...Soon there will a bazillion photographs and then you will be emailing me to STOP ALREADY with the pictures!

Until then...

Steven, Scott and Joey arrived safely in Colorado late Sunday night. It took them about 20 hours to drive and Steven pushed hard. He said the Camaro did brilliantly...no trouble whatsoever and Joey was a great traveler. He was noisy in the motel...barking and boofing at every little sound and neither Steven nor Scott got a lot of sleep, but he did just fine otherwise. He and Dad's dog, Buddy, have gotten reacquainted and have done great together. Two big canines is a lot of dog for this house, but Dad is the perfect person to care for Joey and all of us are very comfortable with Joey being here once we're gone.

Monday morning was crazy hectic for Maya and I. On Sunday night, we took two of our friends, Sandra and Natalie to a Carolina Hurricane's hockey game. Woot! (I love the 'Canes.) Hurricane fans are called "Caniacs". Awesome. :) They haven't played well this season and have lost the last five games that they've played, but on Sunday, they stomped the Toronto Maple Leafs and broke that losing streak. I'm kind of thinking it's because we were there cheering them on, but I really don't have proof of that. It's just a hunch on my part. It was a very fun game and we enjoyed the girls' night out...although we wish Steven and Scott had been there. It will be our last Hurricane's game and it would have been to have gone as a family. I did score a 'Cane's cap, though, and that was very, very cool.

Maya and I had a lot of things to do to get ready for our very early flight on Monday morning. I finally gave up and went to bed at 1:30 am only to get back up again one hour later to shower and prepare for our trip. Maya gave up altogether and never went to sleep. When our cab failed to show at 4:00 am like it was supposed to, I got on the phone and rounded up another one...which put us at the airport an hour later than I wanted to be and it was rush, rush, rush to get our boarding passes, luggage checked and through security. We were told our flight was boarding so Maya and I ran through the airport...only to find that boarding had not actually started yet and we wound up sitting at the gate for about fifteen minutes, huffing and puffing and catching our breath. We had a lay-over in Philadelphia which was very easy. Both flights were very turbulent, but the landings were nice and smooth. It was a long trip, but we landed safe and sound at about 10:05 on Monday morning and Steven and Kevin were at the airport to pick us up. We were both incredibly tired...(I'm too old for all nighters I've decided) but very happy to be in Colorado.

On Tuesday, we celebrated Scotty's ninth birthday. Oh...my baby is 9. I'm not sure how it happened, but it did. We went to Casa Bonita and played Skee Ball and watched the divers and had a great time. The restaurant was packed, but there was a lot going on and it was a lot of fun.

Today is my mom's birthday. Happy birthday, GG! We'll get to celebrate both she and Scott again when we go to spend the weekend with she and Larrabee. It was Thanksgiving prep day today, and I get to cook for the Wing boys this year which I'm very excited about. As I type this, I am smelling pumpkin pies baking in the oven. Yummy. It has been awesome to see Dad, Pete and Kevin...although Mom's absence feels much more pronounced now that we're at the house. It makes us miss her all the more being here at Thanksgiving.

We hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving. We look forward to seeing you all later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment