Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer's last hurrah

What a difference a week makes!
Last Saturday it was 114 degrees,
and on Sunday, we made it all the way up to 125.
(Just a tad bit on the warm side...
the humidity and the heat index
is a totally new experience for us mountain folk.)
This weekend, however, it's been cool and rainy 
with temps in the high 70's.
If you listen very, very carefully,
you just might be able to hear the entire state of North Carolina
heave a collective sigh of relief.
Ahhhhhhh.....


This past week was our last week of summer vacation.
We'll be taking the afternoon off one day a week throughout August
to enjoy the pool with our CHS friends,
but the school year begins tomorrow.


I gave Scott a haircut on Friday. 
He normally hates haircuts, but had fun with this one.
We even spiked it. I think he looks rather handsome.


Steven and I packed and moved boxes to the garage
all day Saturday while the kids hung out.
Trevor slept over and the three of them worked hard to master
 their potion making and dueling skills in the 
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
game on the Wii.


Big sisters. You gotta love 'em.


It was a laid back weekend for the most part.
Here's Klouser Man hangin' with Maya.
We love our little hammies.


Klouse is sporting one serious hamster hair do here.
I just know those rodents party hearty when we're all asleep at night.

Sunday brought more wet, cool weather,
movies on the big screen
and a pizza delivery.
I'm wrapping up my admin stuff for school
and can't wait to jump in tomorrow.

It's been a great, great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment