Friday, July 23, 2010

Excessive heat warning today. It's hot 'round here, folks!

I've been busily cleaning our house today,
pouring sweat like crazy,
and listening to the radio
as they announce an excessive heat warning
for parts of North Carolina.
The temp itself is 102.
With the heat index, it's 110.
It's mighty warm!

Maya chilling at the Carpenter Village pool.


I've gotten several emails from our home school group
saying that different events and activities for over the weekend
have been cancelled due to the heat,
and our air conditioner is only cooling the lower part
of our house right now.
(It's been over worked, apparently...
as are the repair men that are coming to fix it.
We are on a long wait list for a service call.)
Our sleeping arrangements might have to get creative
for tonight.

This swimmer has attitude!


Steven is bringing boxes from the attic,
(which resembles Hades, I think.
At least temperature wise...)
and I am working on laundry,
labeling and sorting through those boxes.
We had potential renters visit the house this afternoon.
I think our scheduled departure from this lovely house
will be at the end of August.
So much to do...

We have a nice, cool pool day
planned for Monday...
Yay!
But for now,
it's back to work. :)

1 comment:

  1. Now you see why we always came to Colorado at the end of the summer! Welcome to the south baby :)

    ReplyDelete